Magic lessons for children
Make a coin appear! Cut and restore a rope! Predict a card! In this introductory magic course, you will learn a variety of basic magic tricks using cards, coins, ropes and other common objects. An emphasis will be placed on storytelling and you will study misdirection, public speaking and how to effectively engage an audience. Learning and performing magic can increase confidence and improve social skills. A beginners' magic class, no experience required! All materials supplied.
Come join us and let your imagination take off!! Students will put on a magic show for parents/friends during the final session.
During this course, you will:
1. Be introduced to the Art of Magic (What magic is, rules in magic, magic etiquette, types of magic & magic effects)
2. Perform basic magic tricks with cards, coins, ropes and other common items
3. Be introduced to basic sleight of hand techniques
4. Learn the basic principles behind magic (misdirection)
5. Learn to tell a dynamic story (storytelling, patter)
6. Get tips on performing, entertaining and effectively engaging an audience
Schedule and Rates
Magic lessons for teenagers
Be the life of the party! Have something fun and interesting to show a friend! Magic is a great way to lighten the mood and break the ice! In this beginners' magic class you will learn a variety of magic tricks that are perfect for entertaining a small crowd. Common items such as cards, coins, bills, ropes, rings will be used. You will study the basic principles behind the art of magic and basic sleight of hand techniques. Learning and performing magic can increase confidence and improve social skills. All materials supplied.
Students will put on a magic show for parents/friends during the final session
Sessions will consist of the following activities:
Talk (on an important topic in Magic)
Demo and Teach (2-3 tricks per session)
Practice (individual, pairs, in front of class)
Critique and feedback
Watching video clips of magic performances followed by discussion
Creativity puzzles (improve ability to think out of the box and boost creativity)
Schedule and Rates